Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Manipulation of Official Statistics

As my regular readers will know, I have a personal campaign against the manipulation of official statistics. In the course of this campaign, I often cites US figures. As a non-American, I am conscious that I should really quote Swiss or British or Indian figures as these are the economies which I know best. However, to its credit, the fact remains that the US is still the most transparent country in the world. More facts are more easily available to everyone in the world about this country than about any other.

For those who would like to follow vigorous discussions about facts regarding the US but from a US source, you might find it interesting to look at the website titled, "ECONOMY IN CRISIS America's Economic Report - Daily".

You will find there, for example,Thomas Heffner's post, "A Sinking Ship Full Steam Ahead", in which he takes on GDP, productivity and job creation figures http://preview.tinyurl.com/y8hhouh
[Open in new window] Sphere: Related Content

No comments: