Monday, April 11, 2011

Further clarification following the story from PTI

During the email exchange, PTI asked whether I had any contact with Kashoggi. I replied that I did not. That was reported in some places as "Guptara denies his links with Kashoggi" as if I had had links and was now denying them.

To be clear: I have never knowingly set my eyes on the man or heard his voice, and I have never had any communication from him or purporting to be from or via him, nor have I ever addressed any communication of any sort to him.

To be absolutely clear: I find arms trading morally repugnant.

Further, I find this whole subject emotionally difficult to handle as my only sister was killed because she happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time (the US Embassy in Nairobi at the time it was bombed by a terrorist). My hair instantly turned grey, and my sleep patterns reversed. My brother-in-law too is still suffering from the trauma. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: