Tuesday, September 02, 2008

So it WAS the Maoists!

It gives me no pleasure at all to find that I was right in my comments posted on August 25, 2008:

The Central Committee of the Communist Party of India-Maoist, released a statement on September 1, saying not only that it is indeed responsible for the killing of the far-right Hindu fascist leader, Laxmanananda Saraswati on August 23, but also that it warns the VHP of “more such punishments” if the VHP behaves in unacceptable ways - i.e. "if it continued violence against religious minorities in the country”.

The Maoists even had the gall to call for a ban on extremist groups linked to the Sangh Parivar, such as the VHP, its youth wing Bajrang Dal, and right-wing Hindu political parties (Shiv Sena and the Bharatiya Janata Party).

Sadly, therefore, my assessment was correct. We may indeed take the murder of Laxmananada Saraswait as the "coming out" of the Maoists ("Naxalites").

So I reiterate my call, made in my post of August 25, for a Government of National Unity. I reiterate my assessment that India has only 2 years in which to address its key problem of institutional decline, or the country will fall to the Naxalites - as Nepal has done. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: